Folly Beach Marriage Licenses and Permits

Wedding Regulations and Guidelines

If your dream wedding will take place on Folly, you’ll need to know about marriage licenses and other planning details. Here are some specifics:

There is no charge to get married on the beach at Folly.

Marriage licenses are given by Charleston County, not the City of Folly Beach. To get your marriage license, visit the Charleston County Courthouse at 100 Broad Street in downtown Charleston. Go to the Fourth floor, suite 469. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Licenses are $70, and cash is the only accepted method of payment. You must be at least 16, and bring a photo ID if you’re under 26.

Once your license is issued, you must wait 24 hours before getting married. Your marriage license is good indefinitely.

Have you invited guests to your wedding? If so, remember that you’ll need a party permit for gatherings of more than 25 guests. Party permits are available online only at the City of Folly website.

If you have more questions about specific rules and regulations, contact Folly’s municipal clerk, Colleen Jolley, at (843) 513-1836.