Folly Beach & Charleston: Christmas Events 2015
Staying in Folly for Christmas? rates are up to 50% lower before the high season begins next Spring, so consider a winter’s trip and enjoy a peaceful weekend listening to the waves rolling in. The beach during the winter has a different flavor and appeal, and surfers/windsurfers still delight in gearing up in wet-suits to practice for upcoming tournaments. Here are things to do in Folly as well as Charleston for the Holidays.
For Mom & Dad:
Holiday Pub Tour in Charleston at Molly Darcy’s Irish Pub
11/27/2015 – January 8, 2015
235 East Bay Street, Charleston
Come with your family and friends or share the holiday spirit with fellow travelers as we tour bars and pubs on a 2.5 hour walking history tour in one of the most historic parts of downtown Charleston. Our pub crawl visits 3-5 locations and we provide some tasty appetizers along the way. You can purchase your favorite festive drinks, share some wine, or enjoy some of our local craft beer.
- Order tickets through Zerve at 1-866-773-9577 and large groups or parties can contact them at the number provided.
11/27/2015 – 12/26/2015
Charleston Harbor Tours, 17 Lockwood Drive
- Gourmet buffet Holiday dinner
- 2 hr scenic Harbor Cruise on the Carolina Queen
- Mix of holiday favorites and Gullah spirituals through live entertainment by The Plantation Singers
- Board at 6:30pm
- Cruise from 7-9pm
- Tickets are $49.95 per person
- Upcoming dates:
- Nov. 27 and Dec. 11, 19, 26
- Many King Street and downtown stores are offering a night of shopping, guidance and painless fun for men on Thursday, December 18th from 5-8:00 pm.
For the Kids:
Folly Beach Christmas Parade 2015:
12/12/2015 at 1:00 pm, 2nd street and West Ashley
- Meet Santa After the parade at Folly River park
11/25/2015 – 01/20/2016
360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403
These classes are designed for toddlers (18 months – 3 years) and a parent, grandparent, or friend to play and explore in The Charleston Museum. Each program includes four craft projects as well as finger paints, a puppet stage, a sandbox, and more. All classes are on Wednesdays from 10 – 11 a.m.
- November 25– Little Turkeys. Be thankful with turkey crafts and pilgrim hats.
- December 9 – Forest Friends. Explore our furry friends of the forest with fun crafts.
- December 23 – Reindeer Games. Come play reindeer games, decorate trees, and celebrate the season.
- January 6 – Happy New Year. Celebrate 2016 with party hats and fireworks.
- January 20 – Three Little Kittens. Make some mittens for the three little kittens.
- All classes are on Wednesdays from 10a.m.-11a.m.
- $6/Museum members, $9/Nonmembers. Price includes Museum admittance and program for one child and one adult. Reservations are required.
11/13/2015 – 01/01/2016
871 Riverland Drive Charleston, SC 29412
Featuring over 750 displays and two million lights, the Holiday Festival of Lights is a cherished holiday tradition for many families throughout Charleston and beyond. From November 14 – January 1, James Island County Park comes alive with illumination, and is a great place to capture the magic of the holiday season.
The Holiday Festival of Lights is much more than just a driving tour! Park the car and experience exciting attractions custom-designed for holiday cheer. There are many celebrated attractions to see and do, including:
- Marshmallow Roasting
- Festival Train Rides
- Lakeside Lights Interactive Activity
- The Amazing Dancing Light Display
- Enchanted Walking Trail
- Old-Fashioned Carousel
- Unique Gift Shops and the Reindeer Workshop
- Santas Sweet Shoppe
- The Festival Fun Run on Nov. 12 & 13
- Grand Opening Celebration on Nov. 14*
- Special Family Events on select evenings, including photos with Santa
- Plus much more!
*Activities include: live music; stilt walking performances; fireworks (9 p.m.); the announcement of the giant greeting card, gingerbread house and light display design contest winners (entries due Nov. 10 if you wish to participate); and loads of fun for the entire family! The grand opening ceremony is free with your regular Holiday Festival of Lights admission ($15 per vehicle).
For additional information, please visit the website linked above.
35th Annual Charleston Christmas Parade:
The City of Charleston is proud to announce the 33rd Annual City of Charleston Holiday Parade on Sunday, December 6th, 2015.
The Parade will begin at 2:00 PM starting at Broad and Barre Street. The parade proceeds down Broad Street making a left onto King Street.
The parade will end with Santas arrival at Marion Square on the corner of Calhoun and King Street.
12/22/2015 – 12/23/2015
5001 Coliseum Dr., North Charleston
ELF THE MUSICAL is the hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santas big bag of gifts and is transported back to the North Pole. Unaware that he is actually human, Buddys enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santas permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, discover his true identity, and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas. This modern day Christmas classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner ELF.
- Both performance are at 6:30PM
- $5 Parking Cash Only
- To purchase your tickets, please visit the website linked above.
Plan Your Next Visit
Search Folly Beach Vacation HomesBook Now